Z Box Pop-Up Card
by Deb Valder
Combine elements of a z fold and pop-up box in this fun interactive card.
- Cardstock (Pool Play, Limeade Splash, Whip Cream, Oatmeal Cookie, and Eggcellent Prints Double Sided Designer Paper by Fun Stampers Journey used here)
- Scoring tool
- Stamps (FSJ Eggstravagant and Bunny Bum stamp sets used here)
- Ink (FSJ Black Licorice used here)
- Die cutting machine
- Dies (FSJ Cloud Dreams bundle, Border Details, and Egg Party used here)
- Coloring medium of choice (Pan Pastels and FSJ Color Burst Pencils used here)
- Other supplies as needed to complete the project
Cut 2 pieces of cardstock, one 4 1/4" x 11” and one 2 1/8” x 11”. Score both pieces at 2 3/4" and 5 1/2". Fold as shown in opposite Z folds.
Adhere the narrower strip to the front of the card as shown to form a box in the card.
Cut an inner layer of cardstock to 2 1/8” x 11. Score at 7/8”, 3 5/8”, 4 1/8”, 6 7/8”, 7 3/8" and 10 1/8”.
Fold as shown.
Add double sided adhesive to the folds as shown, then repeat on the 1/2” sections on the opposite side.
Adhere the front tab and the back tab to the inside of the “box” then press so the other two 1/2" sections adhere to the sides of the box. These are the dividers.
Prepare die cuts, stamped images, or other embellishments to fill the box and decorate the various panels of the card.
Decorate the card, taking care to keep all the elements within the boundary of the card’s edges when closed.
Adhere elements to card front and inside, and to the cross pieces inside the box.
Complete the card.