by Peggy McCurry
Create a fun decorative hat for Halloween
- Three 12" x12" pieces of patterned paper
- One 12" x12" piece of black cardstock
- 4" x 9" Styrofoam or papier mache cone
- Scoring tool
- Scor-Tape™ or other strong adhesive
- Tombow Mono Multi Glue, or other liquid glue
- Assorted ribbons and fibers
- Buttons and stickers
- Black Ink
Wrap styrofoam cone with one of the pieces of patterned paper.
Fold around cone overlapping seam edge one half inch. Cut off excess. Glue seam.
Cut a nine inch circle out of a different patterned paper and a piece of black cardstock. Glue the two circles together to form the hat base. Roll the edges of the base to give a wavy appearance to the brim of the hat.
Attach the cone shaped piece to hat base with glue.
Cut three strips of a third patterned paper 2" x 10".
Sponge edge with black ink. Score paper strips every half inch.
Fan fold strips and adhere together with Scor-tape™ to form circle.
Place fan folded circle over top of cone piece and adhere to hat base with glue.
Adhere themed items to hat (Stickers and Buttons for this one) and tie assorted fibers and ribbons around bottom of cone.