Treat Cup Slider
by Cindy Elam
Create a card with a treat cup that slides to open.
- One 4 1/4" x 11" piece of cardstock for card base
- One 4" x 5 1/4" piece of cardstock for mat
- One 3 3/4" x 5"piece of pattern paper for background
- One 2" x 4" piece of cardstock for slider
- Scraps of cardstock to decorate card front and for pull-tab
- Brad or ribbon for pull tab
- Embellishments, as desired
- Treat cup (Stampin’ Up!® round treat cup used here)
- Stamps (Stampin' Up!® Wicked Cool used here) and acrylic block, if needed
- Paper cutter with scoring blade
- 1 3/4" circle punch
- Round tab punch
- Corner rounder punch
Score the 4 1/4" x 11" cardstock at 5 1/2" and fold to form card base.
Adhere 3 3/4" x 5" pattern paper to 4" x 5 1/4" cardstock mat.
On front of card base, determine treat cup placement and punch with 1 3/4" circle punch.
Fasten background/mat to card front with temporary adhesive.
On inside of card, trace punched circle onto back side of mat.
Remove background/mat and punch with 1 3/4" circle punch, aligning with marked circle.
Using 1/8" sticky tape around top of flange on treat cup, adhere to the underside of the background/mat. Only treat cup will poke through opening.
Don’t remove the backing from the adhesive on the treat cup.
Apply 1/4" sticky tape to the underside of the mat, as shown (top to bottom on both sides of the treat cup, top to bottom along other long edge, across bottom, and short space between tapes at top). Be sure to leave the opening for the slider above the treat cup.
Remove adhesive backing from sticky strips only (not treat cup), center and adhere to card front.
Use corner rounder on two corners (short end) of 2" x 4" slider. Stamp image or greeting on slider, if desired
Punch round tab from scrap cardstock.
Fasten brad through one half of tab before folding and attaching to slider with sticky tape.
Attach tab to slider first, then punch hole and tie ribbon through hole for pulling.
Decorate front as desired, then slip slider into opening at top between card base and mat. Fill with goodies from inside and slide closed.