One Sheet Box
by Beate Johns
Turn a 8 1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock into a box with just a few scores.
- Paper cutter with scoring tool
- Bone folder
- Cardstock - one sheet of 8 1/2" x 11
- Additional cardstock for main image
- Stamps (Bella Brush set, Fancy Pants Designs)
- Ink (Snow Cap, Adriondack Acrylic Paint Dabber; Black and Sea Breeze VersaMagic Dew Drops)
- Double circle or double rectangle punch
Score sheet of cardstock on the short side at 2 1/2" and 6".
Turn sheet of cardstock and score the long side at 4 1/2" and 6 1/2".
Prefold along score lines several times both ways, or step four will be difficult.
Bring horizontal fold to vertical fold to create a diagonal crease.
Use a bone folder to really make the diagonal folds "sharp" and easier to fold the sheet into a box.
Repeat steps four and five on the three remaining corners.
Stamp your cardstock. Here, only the front, back and short middle sides were stamped. The other parts of the cardstock will be folded in not seen.
Prefold the box by bringing the diagonal folds towards the box center.
Stamp center image and accent.
Adhere center image and accent to box front.
Use the double circle punch (or another hole punch) to add ribbon holes in the top center of the back panel of the box.
Thread ribbon through both holes.
Tie the ribbon in front and the box is complete.
Try using patterned paper instead of cardstock for a different look.