3” x 3” Note Card Tote
by Regina Andari
Create an adorable tote to give away 3" x 3" note cards.
- One 3 1/4" x 7 1/2" piece of Cardstock for tote base (Brocade Blue used here)
- One 2 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of Cardstock for tote sides (Night of Navy used here)
- One piece of cardstock for tote handle (Night of Navy used here)
- Stamps (Stampin' Up!'s Pocket Silhouette used here)
- Paper Punches (Eyelet Border Punch and Oval punches used here)
- Paper piercing tools, or 1/16" circle punch
- Strong Adhesive (Sticky Strip™ used here)
- Additional Cardstock to decorate your tote
Score 3 1/4" x 7 1/2" piece of cardstock
3 1/4” from each end.
Make decorative cuts on the four corners by placing each corner in the Eyelet Border punch as shown.
Use the Eyelet Border punch along both edges of a 1 1/4" x 8" piece of cardstock to create a handle.
If you'd rather not have a fancy handle or don't have a decorative border punch, cut a 3/4" x 8” strip instead.
Stamp and embellish additional cardstock to create your card tote front.
Adhere the stamped and embellished layer to the front of the note card holder.
Score the 2 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of card stock at 1 5/8", 2 5/8", 5 7/8", and 6 7/8". This insert creates sides for the holder.
There are 1” sections on the scored cardstock. Find the center of each, and mark 1/2" down with a white gel pen.
Use a piercing tool or 1/16” circle punch to make a hole where the handle will be attached.
Apply adhesive to the cardstock strip as shown.
To adhere the scored strip to the holder, line up one of the short panels with the bottom and the edge of the holder.
Then secure the long panel to the back of the holder.
Finish by folding in the remaining short panel. Adhering the panels in this order helps keep the edges lined up.
Attach the handle with brads.
Make a set of 3x3 note cards to put in the holder.