by Beate Johns
Create a luminaria out of one piece of cardstock.
- 5 1/2" x 10 3/8" piece of cardstock, here it was printed with Snow Globes and Other Fun Projects Booklet and CD from Flower Soft
- Die Cut or Printed images, Images printed from Snow Globes and Other Fun Projects
- Four pieces of 2 3/8" x 3 7/8" pieces of Vellum
- Shape Cutting Tool, Spellbinders Nestabilities™ Ovals used here
- Scor-Pal™ or other scoring tool
- Flower Soft™ Glue, optional
- Flower Soft™ Polar White , optional
Place your 5 1/2" x 10 3/8" piece of cardstock on your Scor-Pal.
Score at 2 1/2", 5", 7 1/2" and 10".
Turn your cardstock and score at 1 1/2".
Prefold all your score lines.
Cut your score lines as shown.
Use the shape cutting tool to cut a window in each panel.
Cut a window in each panel.
Turn your cardstock around and tape one of your vellum pieces behind the window.
Repeat on each panel.
Add Scor-Tape to the glue tab on the side and two of the bottom panels.
Take off tape liner from the glue tab and adhere panels together to form the walls of the luminaria.
Place another strip of Scor-Tape on the inside of one of the bottom panels.
Peel backing off all the tape and place the panels with Scor-Tape facing out on the bottom, then fold over the panel with no tape.
Last, tape down the panel with one strip of adhesive.
Trim all printed images.
Adhere images all around the luminaria with Scor-Tape and dimensionals.
Apply Flower Soft Glue over the spots you would like to add Flower Soft Polar White.
Sprinkle Flower Soft Polar White all over the glue.
Press Flower Soft down.
Tap off excess Flower Soft.
Place a flameless tealight into the luminaria.
For an even softer glow, brayer or sponge your vellum with a light color before placing it behind your window.
Instead of placing cut out images in front of your window, try stamping images directly on the vellum.