Grand Treat Basket
by Theresa Momber
Create a darling basket out of a scalloped circle die cut.
- One 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of cardstock for handle
- One 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of cardstock (optional to decorate handle)
- One sheet 8 ½" x 11" card stock for cutting scallop circle
- Spellbinders™ Grand Nestabilities™ Scalloped Circles LF-124
- Spellbinders™ Grand Calibur® Machine or other die cutting machine for large format dies
- Scor-Pal™ or other scoring tool
- Scor-Tape™ or other strong adhesive
- 2 brads
- Additional cardstock and embellishments to decorate your box
Cut and emboss card stock using the largest die template from Spellbinders™ Grand Nestabilities™ Grand Scalloped Circles and trim card stock pieces for handle.
Place the scalloped circle cut out in Scor-Pal™, lining up the valley between two scallops with the 4" mark on the Scor-Pal. Be careful to make sure the opposite valley also lines up at the 4-inch mark. Then score at 2 3/4" and 5 1/4".
Rotate card stock 90 degrees, this time lining up the peak of the scallop at the four inch mark and again being careful to make sure the opposite scallop is also lined up.
Cut along the first two score lines just until they reach the intersecting score lines. Then pre-fold all score lines.
Fold the sides in and adhere together using Scor-Tape. Add tape to the bottom and sides of the remaining panels and adhere.
Secure handle to sides using brads.
Finish projects by adding stamped images or other embellishments, and fill with treats. As a variation, you can alter theme to fit the season.