by Lori Craig
This is a quick and easy technique for a sparkly card.
- Clear packing tape
- One or more dies or punches to make your window(s)
- Transparent or non-colored fine glitter (PK Glitz Peach used here)
- Cardstock to make window
- Neutral cardstock to put underneath window (slightly smaller layer)
- Papers or cardstock to finish the card
- Double-sided adhesive
- Embellisments as desired
Punch one or more windows into your cardstock.
Lay "window" cardstock over the neutral cardstock.
Stamp the images you want to see through the window onto your neutral cardstock. If you just have one window, just stamp it on a bigger piece of neutral cardstock and trim it later. If you have several windows like in this example, stamp your images through the windows using the windows as a guide for stamp placement.
Decorate the window cardstock.
Flip window cardstock over and apply packing tape over the windows to the backside of the cardstock. The sticky side of the packing tape will face through the open windows to the front side of the cardstock.
Rub glitter over the sticky side of the packing tape.
Tap off excess glitter and put it back in the container.
Flip window cardstock around again and add adhesive to the backside of this layer.
Line up neutral cardstock under the window cardstock and tape together, and finish your card.
-Just cut one window.
- Cut window with electronic cutting machines, dies, punches or cutting templates.