Die Cut Bats
by Bonnie Sharp
Create cute and spooky bats using die cuts.
- 1/2 sheet black cardstock for each bat
- Scrap cardstock in orange, green, or purple
- Classic Oval Nestabilties™
- Classic Oval Scalloped Nestabilties
- Standard Circle Nestabilties
- Star Nestabilities
- Die cutting machine
- Glue Dots or other adhesive
- Googly Eyes (optional)
Die cut the following from black cardstock for each bat:
- two oval shapes using the largest Classic Oval Nestabilities die
- two small oval shapes using the smallest Classic Oval Nestabilities die
- two circle shapes using the third largest Circle Nestabilities die
- one star shape using the largest Star Nestabilities die
Die cut the following from colored cardstock or scrap paper for each bat:
- two scalloped oval shapes using the smallest scalloped oval Nestabilities die
Lay the largest oval scalloped Nestabilties die onto one of the black oval shapes, a little off kilter as show in picture.
Run it through the die cutting machine to create one wing.
Repeat with other large oval.
Use scissors to cut both orange ovals and small black ovals in half lengthwise and glue black onto orange to create eyes.
Glue two eyes onto each black circle and attach googly eyes if using.
Cut black star straight across as shown to create ears.
Glue on ears to one head and then adhere to both wings.
On back of head, secure twine with glue dots.
Glue other head on to cover up twine.
All finished - tie onto your light fixture.