by Vickie Maduzia
Add a three dimensional cup to your card front.
- Small cup
- Cardstock quarter sheet for template
- Vellum cardstock, quarter sheet
- Water-based inkpads in fruity colors
- Paper cutter with scoring blade
- Sticky Strip™ or other double-sided, extra-tacky tape
- Micro beads
- Mini glue dots
- Straw and umbrella, optional
Make a re-usable template by tracing a small cup onto cardstock. Use a paper cutter for straight edges.
Trace template onto vellum cardstock, and then cut shape.
Sponge ink onto cup shape.
Lay cup shape on paper cutter, and score 1/8" from the edge.
Repeat on opposite side.
Cut off the top pointy corners.
Apply Sticky Strip™ to top edge of cup.
Dredge in micro beads.
Apply several mini glue dots along each folded edge of your cup, making sure they don't overlap the edge.
Adhere left side of cup to the background you've created for your card. Bend the cup slightly before adhering the right side to the card.
Step 11 (Optional)
Try using glue dots to add a drink umbrella and straw to the cup. Cut the umbrella in half first.