Criss Cross Card
by Beate Johns
Try this twist on a pocket card and show off your patterned paper.
- Two 4 1/4" x 11" pieces of cardstock for your card base
- One 4" x 5" piece of patterned paper
- One 3 3/4" x 5 1/4" piece of cardstock for insert
- One 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" piece of neutral cardstock for insert
- One 1 1/2" x 12" piece of colored cardstock for card band
- More paper for accents
- Corner rounder
Score both 4 1/4" x 11" pieces of cardstock at 5 1/2".
Take one scored piece and cut it diagonally from center top to the bottom left.
Take the other piece of scored cardstock and cut it diagonally from the center top to the bottom right.
Add adhesive to the rectangle back of one of the cardstock pieces.
Tape both pieces together. Make sure both long edges of the diagonal sections are on the bottom.
Cut the patterned paper in half diagonally.
Adhere it to your card front. I used double sided patterned paper (Dashing, from Stampin' Up!). The dotted paper is on the back of the striped design.
Add Sticky Strip™on the bottom of the middle panel, as well as on the bottom of the triangle flap that will be on top of the card.
Tape the card base together and set aside.
Take both pieces of cardstock for the insert and use the corner rounder on the top corners.
Stamp and add tab and other embellishments as needed.
Take the 1 1/2" x 12" piece of colored cardstock and score at 5 5/8" and 11 1/4".
Add Sticky Strip™ to the end of the strip with the small 3/4" scored section. Tape band together.
Decorate the card band.
Slide your band over your card.
Your card is finished!
Vertical Criss Cross Card
Start out with two 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" pieces of cardstock. Score both pieces at 4 1/4". Continue with the tutorial at step 2.
Change it up
- Instead of patterned paper, try stamp directly on the card base.
- Stuff the pocket with little tags or a flat gift instead of pull out card.
- Leave off the card band.
- Make a square, change the size.....
Your turn to get creative.