by Beverly Gerard
Create a magnetic bookmark.
- Two identical chipboard shapes
- Small pair of magnets (Basic Grey magnetic snaps used here)
- Patterned paper (The Paper Studio used here)
- Liquid glue (Tombow Mono Multi glue & Glossy Accents used here)
- Sanding block
- Brayer or flat edge tool for scraping, such as a ruler
- Ribbon, cut to about 3 5/8" length
- Embellishment of choice
Trace around chipboard onto the patterned paper to cut out 4 pieces of paper to fit the chipboard shape. (Allows for front & back of each chipboard.)
Use a thin layer of liquid glue to adhere cut paper to all 4 chipboard surfaces.
Use a brayer to squeeze out any air bubbles between the chipboard and paper. Do this to all chipboard/paper surfaces.
Sand all chipboard edges with a sanding block. Next, adhere the magnets to the backs of the chipboard pieces, using a strong liquid adhesive, such as Glossy Accents or Crystal Effects.
Add Scor-Tape™ to the raw cut ends of the ribbon. Fold the taped ends over on themselves to hide & secure raw edges.
Once the raw ribbon ends are folded under and secured, repeat the process by adding Scor-Tape to the folded ends of the ribbon. Now secure the ribbon ends to the chipboard backs, above the magnets in the topmost portion of the chipboard backs.
Use strong liquid adhesive to attach the embellishment to the front of the bookmark. Allow just a few minutes to dry.
Your bookmark is done.