Splitcoast Cards for a Cause

imageLast month, a new Challenge was issued in the forums - take some time to make a card and send it to a special Post Office box, and we'd send it along to an organization (different each month) in need of blank cards. We're amazed to announce that Splitcoast members sent 420 cards and enough donations to sponsor two overseas packages that are on their way to the Cards for Heroes program. Click to find out more about this month's Cause.

In observance of Breast Cancer Awareness Month and in recognition of all the brave people who fight cancer daily, October’s Splitcoaststampers Cards for a Cause will go to Chemo Angels, a volunteer organization dedicated to adding a ray of sunshine to the lives of those undergoing IV chemotherapy treatment. You can read more about this program on their "How It Works" page.

For more details about Chemo Angels and a mailing address, check the Cards for a Cause thread. If you have any questions, send a message to Taylor (stagccva).

Posted by: Taylor Usry on Oct 05, 08 | 4:35 pm

COMMENTS

I'd love to send some cards this month. Thanks, Christy

Christy Benitez | Oct 05, 08 | 6:20 pm

This is a wonderful cause. I am going through cancer treatments right now and I have 2 angels that have taken me under their wings! It's so much fun to go to the mailbox now. They have blessed me so much with encouragement during this very difficult, scary, frustrating time. Glad to see this on here. I hope to become a chemo angel when I'm all better!

Cynthia | Oct 05, 08 | 9:11 pm

Somehow, I missed this thread last month and ironically, I was cleaning out my unused cards. I will be more than happy to get a package in the mail tomorrow for this awesome cause. Thanks for doing this! You guys just constantly amaze me! God bles each and every one of you!

Vicky Gould | Oct 06, 08 | 2:52 am

This is a great program! Next time I have an overstock of cards I'll send em in. :)

Vicki Douglas | Oct 06, 08 | 10:41 pm

I'd be happy to send cards to this awesome cause. I just walked in Avon's NYC 2-day Breast Cancer Walk and am still amazed by the experience. This just helps push me forward! Get your mammies grammed ladies!!

Barbara F. | Oct 07, 08 | 7:42 pm

I am currently a chemo angel...and I am now writing to my second buddy, as my first buddy graduated. I send her two cards per week, and it becomes challenging to come up with different cards. But, it is such a worth while program. If you like to make cards, this is a very good outlet for them.

mary D | Oct 12, 08 | 3:10 am

What a wonderful thing you all are doing by donating your cards to such groups. I will work on getting cards ready to mail in. Hugs to you all.

Darlene H | Oct 23, 08 | 4:04 pm

I am a Chemo Angel volenteer since march 2000. A great cause!

Shirley Moores | Oct 26, 08 | 7:38 pm

I am mailing my cards tomorrow I hope they get to you before Nov 3. I have been accepted as a Chemo Angel and am waiting for my first assignment!
GOD Bless
Patti

Patti | Oct 26, 08 | 9:49 pm

Vous avez besoin d'une Robe Cocktail belle? Vous avez besoin d'une Robe De Soirée belle? Vous avez besoin d'une Mini Jupe belle? Vous avez besoin d'une Robe Cocktail belle? Vous avez besoin d'une Robe de Mariée 2012 belle? Vous avez besoin d'une Robe De Demoiselle D'honneur belle? Vous avez besoin d'une Robe De Demoiselle D'honneur belle? Vous avez besoin d'une Robe De Cocktail belle? Vous avez besoin d'une Robe De Soirée belle? Vous avez besoin d'une Robe De Mariage belle? Vous avez besoin d'une Robe Cocktail belle? Vous avez besoin d'une Mini Jupe belle? Vous avez besoin d'une Robe De Soirée belle? Vous avez besoin d'une Robe De Cocktail belle? Vous avez besoin d'une Robe De Demoiselle D'honneur belle?

dhsr | Dec 18, 11 | 7:12 am

discount chanel handbags http://www.discount-chanelbags.com/11-chanel-handbags If we look back into the history of handbags, we will come to know that the first recognized use of handbags is in chanel 2.55 bags 3706 deepblue silverchain http://www.discount-chanelbags.com/chanel-255-bags/22-chanel-255-bags-3706-deepblue-silverchain.html the fourteenth century? hieroglyphics conditions http://www.discount-chanelbags.com/content/1-delivery which shows that the men use to carry little pouches around their waists called ��girdles'. But in the 1400s women as w chanel 2.55 price http://www.discount-chanelbags.com/9-chanel-255-bags ell as men starts wearing handbags decorated with jewels or embroidery to mirror their richness and these stuff became a status symbol which is reflected chanel tote http://www.discount-chanelbags.com/19-chanel-tote-bags in the portraits of wealthy and powerful people arrogantly sporting their handbags fastened to their clothes with tasseled strings.</p><hr>

chanel | Aug 22, 12 | 1:06 am