This is my Monday CCEE challenge card. 88 Keys (Deb) sent us an awesome package of ribbons and we were to use some ribbon to make a card from a little baggie of ribbon specially picked out by Deb.
This is my story:
1. This card is 100% inspired by the new movie Mamma Mia! Which by the way is my new favorite movie of all time! It is the happiest and most fun movie!
2. I am sorry that this card won't make a bit of sense to you until after you see the movie but just to give you a recap....
3. Rocky was invited to a wedding, he is peering over a clothes line where brightly colored sheets are hanging witnessing the towns people trying to solve the big mystery currently on the minds of the entire wedding party and special wedding guests.
4. Rocky is amazed at the effect that three simple little words (dot, dot, dot) can have on an entire group of people supposedly drawn together for a simple wedding! What a bunch of lunatics!!
5. Speaking of lunatics, I saw this move with some SCS friends that were in town over the weekend. Wannabcre8tive, PatSmethers and I literally had a blast at this movie. So much so that when it was all said and done, Shirley asked the young movie usher holding the door open for us when we left the theatre to dance.
6. The bewildered look on the faces of the towns people in the movie were nothing like the bewildered look on the face of this young kid!!
I received these awesome happy little daisies from my friend Marilyn in a very generous package I received from her! Thank you Marilyn, we need to talk!!! This card is another one made in an acrylic box. The flower stickers are mounted to the outside of the see through little box.
Registered: April 4, 2006 Location: Boxertown USA, IL Posts: 43346
Mon, Jul 28, 2008 @ 6:43 AM
Love your super cute dot,dot,dot card. It looks really pretty here on SCS, but it looks even better IRL. Now that I have bewildered the state of Colorado, I guess it is time to go home and bewilder the home people. Sniff, sniff, we have to go to the airport.
Registered: August 30, 2005 Location: East Texas Posts: 11016
Mon, Jul 28, 2008 @ 7:04 AM
What a cute and fun Mamma Mia card!!! I saw this on Broadway several years ago - can't wait to see the movie. I need some stampin friends to go with to make it more fun - my DH would be no fun at all! TFS!
Registered: June 21, 2006 Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado! Posts: 14220
Mon, Jul 28, 2008 @ 10:20 AM
Love your card Cindy...maybe you should change your name from Mothermark to Mamma Mia...this is too pretty...the daisies and the ribbon and Rocky taking it all in...just like we do everyday with your creative cards...thanks for giving me such a smile this morning and the fun weekend!
Registered: April 15, 2008 Location: Seattle Area Posts: 25116
Mon, Jul 28, 2008 @ 11:59 AM
A very cute card! I'm very jealous of you! One you got to meet Pat and Shirley IRL! And two you got to go to a chick flick! I'm so happy you all had a crazy, fun time! I really hope you let Pat take a picture of you with your Bubba Bling!
------------------------------ Twisted Sistah Coping without Copics and Blogless in Seattle
Registered: June 15, 2004 Location: Denver, Co Posts: 14282
Mon, Jul 28, 2008 @ 12:54 PM
I think there is a clothes pin hiding under all that ribbon because Rocky's eyes look like his nose just got pinched. You have made one happy card just like your take on the movie. I do believe those daisies are truly dancing.