Made this for today's Demonstratable Card challenge, featuring just a slight tweak of Beata's Reverse Spotlight technique. I let the top of the pear emerge from the 'spotlight' rather than putting it all behind the punched circle.
It's a 4x4 card, and all started out well--I stamped and watercolored the pear on white, cut it out, then stamped the pear and leaves on my card base and watercolored that in the same color. THEN... I punched out the 'spotlight' hole... and I hated it. BUT, I decided to keep going, finish the card, knowing I could cannibalize it and reclaim the hardware if it turned out that badly.
I did run into a panic moment, though. I thought the bottom monochrome portion of the pear needed some bling to balance out the colorful top, so I added some mono multi and reached for my DD glitter. Only it wasn't there. Searched high and low while the mono sat drying. Never did find it. Had to use II to emboss the sparkle onto it. The mono fared better than I thought it would under my heat gun, but I don't recommend the technique!
Date: Monday, July 14, 2008 GMT Views: 309
Registered: November 12, 2007 Location: Chibougamau, QC Posts: 6465
Tue, Jul 15, 2008 @ 9:07 PM
I think it turned out great! It's funny how we look at our own cards and think..."It could be better..." while everyone else loves them. I have to stop myself from going to far on my cards. This one is just right! Bravo!