It was my turn this week to issue a challenge to my double dare challenge friends. Here were the challenge rules:
Today YOU are the featured stamper. Go to your gallery and pick one of your own cards to case within these guidelines:
1. pick one that after you made it, you said to yourself *What was I thinking?* (I don't know about you, but I have lots of these in my gallery.)
2. change two or more things on your card to make it better in YOUR eyes
3. keep the basic sketch you originally used (minor alterations are okay).
4. use at least one color that you rarely use (this doesn't have to necessarily be a color you don't like; just one that you don't use often.)
5. when you upload your new card, provide a link to your *What was I thinking?* card.
Things I changed:
2. squares to tag punch shapes for the flowers
3. added brads and faux stitching
4. added 3/4" circle punch in center of four flower panels
The color I used that I rarely use is sage shadow on my flower stems and leaves. I used my SU markers to color the flowers and added some white gel pen highlights. The organdy ribbon is a pretty shade of blue trimmed in iridescent metallics, which picks up the orchid color in the card (how cool is that?).
I like this card much better than my first. TFL!
Date: Wednesday, May 7, 2008 GMT Views: 558
Registered: June 21, 2006 Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado! Posts: 14219
Wed, May 07, 2008 @ 9:02 PM
Too funny, I have quite a few of these types of cards in my gallery! Well, I really like how you changed your own card and took it up a notch...very cute, gorgeous colors and ribbon, and the highlighting is cool!!!
Registered: April 23, 2006 Location: Looking For Teapots! Posts: 60004
Thu, May 08, 2008 @ 9:30 AM
What a fun idear for a challenge....This is a great card...love the purple......since you are casing yourself, its no surprise you did this in purple! I have some what was I thinking cards in my gallery! Hee! Great card, great challenge!
Registered: July 27, 2005 Location: Texas USA Posts: 12573
Thu, May 08, 2008 @ 5:32 PM
Wow Charlene! This is gorgeous! The changes are so creative and colorful! I have to say I love the red one as it is anyways!! I can't imagine finding anything in your gallery that you would want to do over!! I remember cruzing through your gallery when you were the *real* FS for the week and wanting to case so many of your cards!!