This is a second card for the sketch challenge. I have had the main image in my scrap pile for a long, long, time. I did this Faux Oil Painting technique several years ago and this one had a messy spot on it, so I never completed a card. I'm not even quite sure I remember how to do this. Last night, I worked with it and threw it away twice and finally retrieved it one last time as I was cleaning off my stamp table. I apologize for the quality of this scan. There is a lot of subtlety in this card that doesn't come across here. The main image is stamped colored and then a layer of lumiere paint is laid over it (if I remember correctly). At some point you put on some small areas of white glue. These get heated and they bubble which gives you a textured look like oil paint. This piece also has some Pearl Ex on it and I added some distressing inks to the edges.This was one of points where I threw this away. Then I cut an oval with my Coluzzo I used the distressing tool to distress the edges. I inked them again to darken the edge. The baroque motif swirl is in the upper left and lower right corners of the card. They were stamped with Versamark and brushed with Pearl Ex Powder. Pretties and HPH were used to cover the messy spot and a greeting that didn't work with the piece.
Date: Thursday, May 1, 2008 GMT Views: 1132