I made this for Beate's BIC#8.
Plan A ended up in the bin.
For plan B, I took some white-core card in the two colours, embossed the flowers with Fiskars ShapeBoss and a little template called Spring. Then I sanded them down and added a little bit of chalk, not too much, just to add a hint of blue, green and orange. It almost didn't need the ribbon around over the join but I used it anyway. It doesn't show well, but the white card is stamped in pale blue with a PB Daisy stamp (still sitting on the desk from plan A :D). I mounted it on some lovely blue card I bought today for no better reason than it is exactly the same as some little books of poetry translations by my great-grandfather.
I nearly used a build-a-brad for the centre of the flower, but in the end I just used a page-pebble over a hand-written *Hi!*. I had the petals curled up more but it squashed down a bit in the scanner.
Date: Wednesday, April 9, 2008 GMT Views: 439