This is my submission for WT159, Just Spray it. It also fits today's challenge, LS161, Why oh why".
I had never sprayed anything on anything card wise and so when I read yesterdays challenge it meant going through the tutorials and looking for ideas on what to do. After considering the stamps I have, I decided on water spraying on my stamps. I inked up my Art of Life Stamps with Old Olive, Really Rust and Ruby Red trounced on in spots. Then I misted with water and stamped all over the watercolor paper. Then I sprayed the whole bg with water until the colors ran. It was wet so I blotted it a bit, and thought surely I had ruined it. But out emerged this etherial hint of flowers in a field of green. I added the ferns and wet again,but it still needed something so I sponged with Jim Holtz Distress Ink in Old Paper and Tattered Rose. Now I was starting to like it. It now was way too late to be up.... so I slept on it.
This morning I read the challenge for today to use something we had bought for our cards but wondered why we had done it. The idea immediately came that this ribbon was just such an item. I had bought this off the Michael's 1.00 bin and loved it's coppery look, but with the greenish edges it never seemed to go with anything at all.
To finish the card, I inked the Art of life stamps in the same way but just stamped off once and did not use water. Same with the ferns. Finished off the layers. IRL the vellum layer with the butterfly does look great with the colors but the pic seems to make the butterfly look way to pastelly. The mulberry layer also goes great with the rest of the colors but doesn't look it in the photo. Just the photograher I guess. :>)
For a first attempt at the technique,I am pretty happy with it. Hope you like it too. TFL!
Date: Friday, March 28, 2008 GMT Views: 622