Here are 2 tiles I made for the Try a New Technique challenge.
The one on the left is a tile that has a very uneven surface (didn't realize when I bought it!!). So the stamping doesn't cover completely and leaves gaps.
It's not the perfect look of smooth tiles - but it has it's own kind of 'weathered' look to it!!
I used Staz on ink with a bg stamp and a turtle stamp. Then I colored the turtle with green marker (hardly noticable!) and sprayed it with Clear Matte Acrylic sealer.
The tile on the right I made by printing the picture of my church from my computer onto tissue paper that I taped to card stock so it would go through the printer.
Then I cut it out and used ModPodge - Matte Finish to attach it - putting a layer of Modpodge on the tile - laying the tissue paper over it and carefully putting another layer of modpodge on top with a foam brush. After it dried I put one more layer on top and when that dried I sprayed it twice with Clear Acrylic matte spray.
I made these to sell at church with proceeds to benefit the church.
On both tiles I cut out a 3 3/4 inch piece of thin cork and attached it to the bottoms with super tacky tape. These are 4 inch tiles that I got at Loews.
Date: Monday, December 3, 2007 GMT Views: 1078
Registered: June 10, 2007 Location: BC Posts: 44757
Mon, Dec 03, 2007 @ 7:22 PM
Really a classy vintage look to your tiles!! Great job Julia!!! Love them! How wonderful of you to make these for your church!! What a great group of people here on SCS - and you are certainly one of them!!! TFS!
Registered: March 16, 2005 Location: St. Louis, Missouri Posts: 17007
Tue, Dec 04, 2007 @ 4:44 PM
Julia-Your church tile is awesome! I sure they will sell like crazy. I love the turtle tile too. (we have a pet box turtle) The texture and color of the tile reminds me of his turtle shell. Great job on both.