1. I started the LSC early this morning, going for the 3 in 1 card.
2. Got most of it colored before having to leave for an eye doctor appt, grocery shopping AND my DS taking his permit test.
3. I was going for the 'Autumn Look', had the pumkins, cornstalks colored and cutsy squirrels for the topper...what's the time? Oh, gotta go!
4. Eye doctor, new glasses, dilated eyes...I HATE that part! Not only do your eyes feel weird but you look like a DORK with those plastic shades....and I'm with my teen DS.....HORRORS!
On to the permit test....I stay in the van and close my eyes.....and think.....the LSC, Autumn/Harvest card 3 or more stamps-check! Tent topper-check! Use an animal stamp that's not meant to be used for this theme....*slap forehead*...squirrels duh just go with Fall/Harvesting nuts!
5. DS passes test and it's off to Wally World, Meijer and several other stops...eyes still wonky and those sexy dark glasses!
6. Get out of town and let DS drive...**for the first time on a road**....hey, we're in the country, what can he hit..a corn stalk?? Well, we got home safe and 'sound'.....and let's just say maybe we'll go to the school parking lot before hitting the open road!
7. Got the 'cold' stuff put away and headed upstairs to finish the card. thinking..thinking...oh, I'll just put the cat behind the pumpkins and instead of holding a mouse he can hold a pumpkin! Oh brilliant! DUH....guess you'd say cats go with the theme too...and a black one to boot!
8. By this time I just want to be DONE with the stupid card! So add a 'bunch' (to me) brads, pop up the pumpkins and call it QUITS!
images colored with prismacolor pencils and baby oil for blending (works just like gamsol). Kitty has some sakura glaze accents, sponged cocoa on the bottom, banana, marigold morning and pumpkin pie around edges.
sentiment: only inked part, then used brown marker to write 'Pumpkins'.
sponged marigold and olive on edges.
tried coloring the brads with pumpkin pie craft then clear ep, but after 26 tries and the embossing popping off each time I looked at a brad...I just touched an orange stazon pad to each brad!
Ugh! what a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: Friday, August 31, 2007 GMT Views: 1803
Registered: January 7, 2006 Location: Central California Posts: 16783
Fri, Aug 31, 2007 @ 4:53 PM
All that whining over this adorable card?!?!?! Good grief! What would we have to hear if you made a *tanker*? Thank heavens we won't have to hear anything....cause the chances of that are slim to none!! Love the cat holding the pumpkin. And I really love the cornstalks. That stamp was a super investment!! It will come in handy again and again I'm sure. Super cute card Dawn!