I wanted to use a more modern flower than the Roses in Winter on the sample so I chose Bodacious Bouquet and I used Groovy Guava and Cameo coral to make a bright flower - with Wild Wasabi for the leaves.
I am so pleased with how this came out - and I was surprised to find it was actually very easy!
I used my heat gun to dry the flowers after spraying them with water and curling - as I didn't want to wait over night (I'm very impatient!!) The heating actually made them curl more! I used a brad to hold the 2 sets of flowers together instead of tape.
I also wet the leaves and twisted them - unfurling them a bit when they were dry and only attaching them to the card on one end - near the flower - with foam adhesives.
I used thicker foam adhesives on the flowers to pop them up higher.
I could not get a good picture of this card - the colors and depth look much better IRL!
Thanks for making me do this great challenge Beth!!
Date: Monday, August 6, 2007 GMT Views: 1070
Registered: June 10, 2007 Location: BC Posts: 44777
Mon, Aug 06, 2007 @ 9:29 PM
Oh... I think I can see the depth - and the colours look great to me...but I know most cards do look better IRL - so I understand that!!! Thanks for the details as to heating them to curl... and love what you did with the leaves too!!!! Great tole flowers...lovely flowers - and the shimmery brads are perfect.