This is my card for today's sketch challenge. This is my story!
1. I accidently made a card for Christopher Columbus featuring his boats...The Nina, The Pinta and the Santa Maria....had to google it to remember the names.
2. See the middle panel, the boat part? I pulled that out of the trash this morning when I saw the sketch.
3. I had made a card for JulieHRR's one layer card DD challenge last night. I worked on it for about 2 hours and then ruined it trying to put shading in it to look like the sun peeking through on one corner. It was originally 4 boats, the 4th being the victim of my sun corner in the trash for good!
4. So, I ended up with a card for Julie's challenge with three boats and that corner thingy on it and pretty much was too intimidated to upload it...after all it is JulieHRR's challenge! Yikes!
5. I was so happy this morning to see this sketch, have this idea, and pull my boats out of the trash! This card was Plan B before I even started!.
6. The picture (hopefully next to my card) is a real picture of Christopher's boats which I thought was pretty cool. My history lesson for the day.
Date: Wednesday, August 1, 2007 GMT Views: 951
Registered: April 20, 2006 Location: Michigan's Upper Peninsula Posts: 34723
Wed, Aug 01, 2007 @ 5:10 AM
Oh my gosh -- how gorgeous!!! I can't believe how you can do this fantastic stuff in the morning before work -- WOW!!! I love these ships and I LOVE your corner detail with the string -- wonderful job!!!
Registered: April 14, 2005 Location: Plano, TX Posts: 3339
Wed, Aug 01, 2007 @ 5:28 AM
This is grogeous! I love the blues and the twine you used in the upper corner. Very cool to incorporate the *rope* especially since its its one of the most valuable tools on the big ships.
Also, I know what you mean about not uploading something that isn't totally 150% if JulieHRR's challenge (I did the same thing ... in the trash it went. LOL)
And I agree with Sharon .... how in the world do you do such lovely creative cards first thing in the morning .... before work!!! Its all I can do to roll my big butt out of bed and crawl to the car; there is no way I could comprehend challenge instructions. LOL
------------------------------ ~Carole~ My Blog Spot
My husband said it was him or the rubber stamps. I still think about him every now and then. :)
Registered: August 30, 2006 Location: Massachusetts Posts: 45714
Wed, Aug 01, 2007 @ 5:49 AM
Great save on the image and your reputation! Looks like you are learning to control the raging seas too! I'm so proud of you doing all these challenges - I know how they stress you out - but you still plow on! With absolutely wonderful results - I don't know why you think you can't do them all!
beautiful ships - and coloring on this - glad to see you are furthering your education to boot!!
Registered: July 5, 2004 Location: downunder in Australia Posts: 36331
Wed, Aug 01, 2007 @ 6:03 AM
you and those boats LOL!!!!!!!!! you forgot to mention whether the seas was calm or rough LOL ;) .......... I love the top corner with the jute soooooooo clever. Aren't you lucky your julie card didn't work out so you could do this one instead ;) ........ great card!