The flower is one image stamped five times with the stems added freehand.
I did just a slight out of the box technique for interest, I really like that technique.
The images are colored with markers and the stems and flower centers are Sakura black gel pen. A dot motion is done for the flower center.
Polished stone is done for the background using alcohol inks, wood block and felt.
I couldn’t find any cardstock in my supply for the color I wanted, so the base of the card is actually heavy paper that I mounted on a cardstock base. To give strength to the top panel where it hangs over I added one strip of each color it lies on to the back (top and bottom only) which also keeps it even on the card. I had to do the same on the oval bottom before adding the foam square; I like panels even on the card!
I did ink distressing on the lattice cross panel.
The orange oval is cut freehand.
This one started out as one of the sketches too but I made my panels to large and just couldn't get to look right, I'll have to try that again!
Thanks for the challenge Leslie!
Date: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 GMT Views: 1918