I had this idea that I could stamp the Happiness bg stamp once, cut the image into pieces and get multiple cards out of it. This is my first pass at making that work.
I think there is too much 'solid' pattern on the stamp to get it inked properly, or maybe I am just challenged and need more practice. The Many Markers to get different colors on different 'parts' of the image did not work for me at all, mostly not on the solid images.
This is card 4 of 4 I made from one image stamped in Certainly Celery on Whisper White. This part of the stamped image actually worked okay, but then it is pretty small, too.
This card used the same Celery/Not Quite Navy combination as cards #1-3, but I broke the pattern by leaving out the Pumpkin Pie and using a different base color for the card.
I went wild and added a scalloped edge and eyelets. Since we do not have blue hemp, I cut off the selvege edge of Navy gg ribbon and used it as a tie in the eyelets.
And I went TOTALLY wild by combining the argyle of the stamp with the dust from Bronc Buster and the sentiment from Artfully Asian. Talk about cross-over! ;-)
Date: Sunday, July 15, 2007 GMT Views: 1416
Registered: January 26, 2007 Location: Fredericksburg, VA, but originally from Scotland!:) Posts: 12754
Sun, Jul 15, 2007 @ 5:23 PM
I love how you did this card! I would never have thought about buying this stamp, but now after looking at what you have done and looking at the stamp, I might just have to order this one too! Thanks for enabling!!!!! lol. TFS:)
Registered: July 23, 2006 Location: New Hampshire Posts: 1247
Sun, Jul 15, 2007 @ 6:05 PM
Love this card. If you use the brayer to ink up your stamp you'll get a great image. I do this for all my solid image background stamps. It's the only way to get them inked up enough to get a nice, deep print.
Registered: September 29, 2005 Location: Ohio Posts: 1289
Sat, Jul 21, 2007 @ 5:09 AM
Very creative card to use so many different ideas and make it all work together. Really like your use of the scalloped edge and eyelets, with the grosgrain tied through.
Since you mentioned having trouble with inking the solid stamps, I've gotten to where I use chalk ink or StazOn for better ink coverage on the more solid designs. I read it somewhere here on SCS, and it's worked great for me.