Well, FINALLY here is my submission for today's Featured Stamper Challenge. I am so excited that mothermark (Cindy) was chosen, as she is one of my favorite stampers here!
1. I knew this would be tough, so I chose three cards before church to think about.
2. After church (and my birthday party!) I chose the one I would case, thinking that although almost ALL of Cindy's cards look complicated to me, this one I could tackle.
3. HAHAHAHAHA!!! Am I insane??? I think now that NONE of her cards would be easy to tackle so kudos to all who complete this CHALLENGE (and yes, thanks to Beth and mothermark, I was totally challenged today..).
4. I have cut and re-cut and re-measured and covered up and fixed so many mistakes on this it's not even funny! I really thought this would be easier than it was, but it's now like 3 1/2 hours later and I am DONE! WOO HOO!
5. I chose chickens because -- well everyone knows why.
6. My DH and sister are laughing at me because of all the comments I was making while *trying* to CASE this card: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...p;ppuser=80269
So now I am in even more awe of mothermark's stamping because it is no easy task to CASE!!
CONGRATS Cindy!! (I did have fun....lol)
Date: Sunday, July 15, 2007 GMT Views: 1428
Registered: April 12, 2005 Location: SW Michigan Posts: 63488
Sun, Jul 15, 2007 @ 4:47 PM
Happy Birthday and congratulations on completing a mothermark case! This is fabulous, I love the cuttlebugging and the gingham. Checks just say chickens to me for some reason! Anyway, it was worth your efforts Judy!
Registered: January 7, 2006 Location: Central California Posts: 16778
Sun, Jul 15, 2007 @ 4:49 PM
I don't see any mistakes....just an awesome card! Your coloring is gorgeous, and I love all the bugging, the strip of brads with the piercing in between and the ribbon tag, and that little chick at the top of the sentiment. Ya done Cindy proud I'm sure! Great card!!
Registered: February 12, 2006 Location: Hill Country, Texas Posts: 5577
Sun, Jul 15, 2007 @ 4:56 PM
What an adorable stamp set! Love the baby chick! Colors are perfect and you did a great job with all the little extras that Cindy's cards are so famous for! Great casing! Have to case the case! (but I don't have those chicks:(
Registered: April 23, 2006 Location: Looking For Teapots! Posts: 59993
Sun, Jul 15, 2007 @ 5:01 PM
Judy...your birthday? Holy cow....I should be making you a card for this special day! Glad I got to share this day with you though.....The whole time I was reading your story I was thinking which card did she case, which card did she case...then got to the bottom and clicked! Holy cow! That card was so hard...it gave me fits! Makes me feel good that you struggled too! Hee! But you know what, the end result is this wonderful card and no mistakes are evident. It is just gorgeous! I love it.....
PS....how funny that your dh and your sister witnessed your *playing* today on your birthday! That is so fun! Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your birthday! You rock!