So this is my story:
1. I wasn't going to write a story because I couldn't do Cindy's stories justice
2. Immediately went into Cindy's gallery and litrally spent hours in there because I had to reread all her stories
3. Finally came out for a breath and decided on this card: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=80269
4. I had to use the bird since she and I have had a little relationship over this bird.
5. I had to use polka dot blue ribbon cause that is one of her faves.
All is well - I go to work on this tribute to Cindy
6. I decided to really personalize the card like Cindy always does and had this vision of putting the alphabet beads on a little spiral clip thingy.
7. Beads didn't fit. Go to plan B (thta's what Cindy would do).
8. Decide on using the elastic cord in the bead set. Great, i string them and have no idea how to finish it off so they don't fall off. Go to plan C.
9. I know - attach then to the ribbon! Won't work, go to Plan D
10. Get some wire from my beaded snowflake kit. Can't find it! Go to Plan E.
11. Get a safety pin (a large one) and put the beads on it and pin it to the ribbon! Cindy's name is too long for my safety pins! Go to plan F.
12. Find a really big paper clip and slide the beads on it.
Good plan! But had to mangle the paper clip to get the beads on and around the bend.
13. Note to self: Remind Cindy to have a current tetanus shot before opening this card that I will send her!
So that is my story that I wasn't going to write!!
Cindy, I hope I did you justice! You know how I love your stories and cards!! Big hugs to you and congrats on being the FS!!
Date: Sunday, July 15, 2007 GMT Views: 829
Registered: April 12, 2005 Location: SW Michigan Posts: 63488
Sun, Jul 15, 2007 @ 1:53 PM
Your story is the perfect finishing touch for your card. I was thinking bluebird of happiness upon first glance but have changed thoughts to bluebird of frustration after reading your story behind the making. Gotta have more appreciation for Cindy's cards now, huh?
Registered: April 23, 2006 Location: Looking For Teapots! Posts: 59993
Sun, Jul 15, 2007 @ 2:24 PM
OMG! Kay I have had tears all day but reading your story really bought them gushing! I have never laughed so hard..do you think it might be because I can really relate! I am so honored that the Cindy is on there! That you persevered, that you charged foward to meet your goal come h _ _ _ or high water! Do me a huge favor, when you mail this card, please send it registered, certified, trackable, and insured! Yeah....definately insure it, like for about $100,000 because I want it! About as bad as you wanted the Cindy on there! You rock.....and by the way, did I tell you, send you a pm that batgirl found me this stamp...I own one now! Woot! Thank you so much! You made my day....Again!
Registered: April 20, 2005 Location: The only Eaton Rapids on the Earth, Michigan Posts: 57687
Sun, Jul 15, 2007 @ 2:36 PM
Harriet, the blue in this card is so stunning! What a beautiful card and a beautiful tribute to Cindy. I loved your story, and I'm sure she appreciates that you had to go ALL the way to Plan G before achieving success with those little beads to spell her name.