This is my 4th of July card for a small challenge with a group of friends. This is my story:
1. I know you are all wondering, wondering about the toes. Please let me explain!
2. I made this card based upon my memories of growing up and celebrating the 4th of July with my family. My memories include sparklers, watermelon, being happy to be in the USA and of course fireworks.
4. Okay, now the toes....One 4th of July, we were all sitting around oohing and ahhing and all of the sudden my mother (gosh, was it grandma? I can't remember, one of the two, hey, gimme a break it was like 40 years ago!) just started screaming, really screaming. We thought she was an enthusiastic firework watcher, but not the case! To our horror we witnessed a huge, black, mean looking pinching beetle chomped down with all his might on her big toe! It was huge, really hurt and like I said, we laugh now, but it wasn't funny at the time! Yikes!
4. So there you have it, my 4th of July memories include toes which by the way my husband thought I was an idiot for putting on this card. I originally had just one big toe on it and it creeped him out, so I had to do the whole foot. It still sort of creeps him out!
5. There is one more childhood memory I have but I could not figure out how to put it on the card....those creepy crawler snake thingys that you light on fire and they grow huge and make a big stain on the sidewalk! I didn't go there on this card!
Date: Monday, July 2, 2007 GMT Views: 987
Registered: April 20, 2005 Location: The only Eaton Rapids on the Earth, Michigan Posts: 57687
Mon, Jul 02, 2007 @ 5:23 AM
ROTFLMBO!!! At least you painted her toenails! I'm not even going to ask you how you happened to make the foot and toes. You are hysterical. Such funny memories. That watermelon looks so real and yummy! Great card, Cindy!
Registered: May 15, 2005 Location: Charlotte, NC Posts: 8065
Mon, Jul 02, 2007 @ 5:35 AM
Fabulous story and a wonderful illustration for it! The sparklieness (is that a word?) is tooo terrific. Wonderful in all ways! Wish my toes were as pretty as these (minus the pinching beetle)... note to self get a pedicure ASAP!
Registered: March 12, 2006 Location: Big Pool, MD. Posts: 5144
Mon, Jul 02, 2007 @ 6:20 AM
i enjoy your stories as much as your cards! lol! this is what i love about creating our own cards. you can so personalize them, making them memorable and special for the recipient. and i personally love the foot...it's my favorite part of the card. :)
Registered: January 7, 2006 Location: Central California Posts: 16783
Mon, Jul 02, 2007 @ 9:31 AM
Oh Cindy, where your thought process goes just amazes me......like I'm always saying, *I don't know how you come up with this stuff*!!! But, I'm glad you do. It's always creative, always wonderfully done, and always, always entertaining!!! God sure did bless you with a huge creative center in that brain of yours. I'm so glad you share it with us. Your beetle is grossly great!! I wish my toes and toenails looked that good. And that watermellon is gorgeous!! Love the sparklers and flag too. Tell your *creeped out* husband I said this was gorgeous!!!!