This is a belated birthday card for my friend Debbie. Her birthday was the early part of June.
This is my story:
1. In my circle of friends I am supposed to the the Queen of birthday cards, always making a birthday card for someone, never forgetting a birthday, always make cards for someone for something!
2. I blew it! I missed my friend Debbie's birthday!
2. So, I am pretending I didn't...It is easier to deal with that way. I am gonna ask Debbie to pretend her birthday is in a few days....maybe, let's say the 22nd, yeah..the 22nd, that will work!
3. She will do it for me - She likes me!
4. A little secret - when I made this card I didn't have a big D monogram....all I had was a B. I flipped it over and covered the backside! Maybe I wasn't thinking come the early part of June..but I was this morning! Hee!
Happy Birthday Debbie...hope you have a wonderful birthday on the 22nd!
Thanks Sharondh for the fun Bella image!
Date: Monday, June 18, 2007 GMT Views: 752
Registered: April 20, 2005 Location: The only Eaton Rapids on the Earth, Michigan Posts: 57687
Mon, Jun 18, 2007 @ 5:32 AM
Oooooo, very pretty! I love the dp and your matching flowers with brads. Your layout design is wonderful, and that ribbon is too cool. I'm sure Debbie will forgive you once she gets her hands on this sweet card!
Registered: May 15, 2005 Location: Charlotte, NC Posts: 8065
Mon, Jun 18, 2007 @ 5:43 AM
Just darling....know Debbie will love it -- and now she can *recelebrate* her special day with this special card! What fabulous coordinating papers. Will have to look for them next time I'm at HL. Very smart of you to create a *d* with the *b*. You are a super creative, caring Queen of Cards!
Registered: April 4, 2006 Location: Boxertown USA, IL Posts: 51118
Mon, Jun 18, 2007 @ 7:33 AM
Your not late, you are just making her birthday last longer. She will love the card and I am sure she will enjoy it even more on a day she isn't getting cards from everyone else. A great idea of turning the b around for the d. Why don't I think of things like that? I like the d and the flowers done in that gorgeous dp. That ribbon looks great with it. Debbie, will love it.
Registered: January 7, 2006 Location: Central California Posts: 16783
Mon, Jun 18, 2007 @ 9:02 AM
You are such a *problem solver*. I love the fact that you used the flipped *b* as your *d*, and put the image inside it. Cute, cute, cute!! I also like all the papers and brads in the flowers!! I don't think your friend is going to mind this late card because a late *mothermark* card is better than no *mothermark* card at all. Plus, who minds celebrating longer? Well, unless it's the dreaded 30 or 40. ;o)