This is my card for yesterday's challenge - use chipboard. This is my story:
1. The birdhouses are on a chipboard coaster and the green thingy behind it is a wooden cut-out I got at Michaels.
2. I met Tracim (Traci) on-line at SCS only to discover she is practically my neighbor....lives about 10 miles away. We have become friends (in real life!)
3. Yesterday she showed up at my office with an awesome gift package for me (for no reason!) which included the small scallop round punch which I did not have yet! Yikes!
4. My personal challenge this morning was to make her a thank you card and use everything she gave me in her gift package.
5. I am happy I don't have to mail this because it is a pretty big card 7 X 5 1/2) and major lumpy!
Thank you so much Traci! How thoughtful of you! This card is on your front porch!
Date: Friday, June 8, 2007 GMT Views: 768
Registered: April 20, 2005 Location: The only Eaton Rapids on the Earth, Michigan Posts: 57687
Fri, Jun 08, 2007 @ 5:39 AM
Oh, Traci is sooooooo lucky to have you for a 'real-live-in-person' friend! I'm so jealous! :-) How sweet of her to give you the small scallop punch. What an extremely cute card you made for her; love those birdhouses, and she's going to love that you made this for her with the gift package items she gave you.
Registered: June 21, 2006 Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado! Posts: 14224
Fri, Jun 08, 2007 @ 6:47 AM
Cindy, I just ran out to my porch...and this darling card was sitting there! When I saw the birdhouses, the buttons, and the paper border thingys, I thought...wouldn't Cindy be able to make a cute card out of this? It all reminded me of you, your fun sense of creativitiy, and your ability to put a smile on people's faces. Thanks so much for the card...I will treasure it! Don't you just love those birdies chirping away from their houses? You gave them such a nice blue sky with clouds to hang out in!! Shirley, stop pouting, you are welcome to come for a visit anytime!