This is my card for today's sketch challenge. This is my story!
1. I was feeling a little ornery today...Yikes!
2. When I made that fishing card for Mr. Etsdas, Debdeb made this comment on it:
***My fisherman accidentally hooked me in the head last year, so I unfortunately have first-hand knowledge with those dangerous *fly thingys*! Had to go to ER and ended up with 2 stitches!)***
3. I simply could not resist although Deb, I feel your pain! Fishing equals E.R. times 2 stitches!
4. Her comment actually made me laugh because it brought back a memory of a visit to the ER with a biking injury my son had. We were sitting there waiting to get in and in walked about 6 high school kids just laughing, cracking jokes, and slapping their knees. Following them just behind was a kid with a fishing hook with a big shiny silver lure (sp?) hanging off one side of his face. He was also sporting a wonderful huge smile. With today's piercings, he actually looked quite in style! Sorry Deb, but it was very comical and let's just say it made those boy's fishing trip quite fun and memorable and gave us a little giggle while waiting to get in!
4. Just so you know, I snipped the hook part out of the fly thingy because I didn't want you to be headed back to ER! BTW - I need your address!
Date: Wednesday, June 6, 2007 GMT Views: 1461
Registered: May 10, 2005 Location: Iowa Posts: 1055
Wed, Jun 06, 2007 @ 6:24 AM
Cindy, so clever! She will love this....and good idea to remove the sharpy. My dh has decided that "we" are going to take up fishing this summer........he did buy me a pink pole. I wonder what I can catch with cardstock scraps?
Registered: March 17, 2006 Location: Right here. Posts: 4670
Wed, Jun 06, 2007 @ 6:27 AM
Too fun! What is it about those hooks? One of DH's fav stories to tell is when one of his bros got a 3 pronged hook into the head of another bro. Again, laughing and such... guys are so funny! TFS, Cindy. Love reading your descriptions!