The only hard thing on this card is the shark. It about drove me bonkers! I recolored it so many times, I lost count. And what I ended up with was nothing special, but it worked. I used markers and a waterbrush to do the shark. It was hard getting the red on him to match the red cs, but it's fairly close, I think. The frustrating thing is I forgot what colors I used. I made this weeks ago and thought my 45 yo brain would remember. Ha! What was I thinking?? I'll try to remember as best as I can.
For his back, I think I used several reds. Definitely used Real Red, but it was took pinkish to match the cs alone. So I'm pretty sure I added Ruby Red and probably a touch of Baroque Burgundy, but don't quote me! There was lots of blending!
For the belly, I think Tempting Turquoise was used some, and maybe some Taken with Teal. But I honestly can't be sure.
I should've done a shadow under him now that I look more carefully at the card. Next time, I will.
I mounted him on Taken with Teal that was sponged with black ink.
The half circle was actually cut with the circle cutter partially off the piece of cs. That kept me from having to cut the straight side later. I used Cuttlebug Spots and Dots and Traffic Jam embossing folders for the textured patterns. I used an oval punch for the word stamp. The word stamp came from savvystamps.com.
I used silver brads and punched black circles to create the rivet look. I first punched 1/16" holes in black cs, and then punched 1/4" circles over them.
The rest is hopefully self-explanatory.
Date: Thursday, May 24, 2007 GMT Views: 1605