This is my card for today's challenge. We made these little pockets at stamp class last night and I knew I was gonna use it as an embellishment on the card I made this morning. This is my story:
My stamping experience this morning was a multitude of emotion!
1. Excitement - I tried something Alli (the milesmum) discovered - embossing a cuttlebugged embossed panel. I used ultra thick embossing powder and it turned out so cool. You can see instructions on Alli's blog....Thanks Alli!
2. Anxiety - Like I said we made these little pockets at stamp class last night (thanks Carn!). On the pocket there was a triangle piece of designer paper behind the chocolate. I was filled with anxiety knowing that I had to cut it off to get the flowers I needed punched out of the paper that I had none of! I did it and it worked out! Whew!
3. Raging Anger - I could not get a 4th flower out of the triangle piece and had to go to Plan B. I hate Plan B!
4. Disappointment - Thinking about stamp class last night....the conversation was about all of the sets being retired. I told my demo to order me everything in the catalog that was retiring and to send the bill to someone else...Not one of my friends stepped up and offered to pay. Not one! Not even my sister-in-law! Just very disappointing!
5. Anxiety Again - I really wanted to eat the chocolate!
6. Happiness - Happy to end on a good note....I like this card alot!
Thanks for looking!
Date: Thursday, May 17, 2007 GMT Views: 3212
Registered: October 11, 2004 Location: Warren, CT Posts: 152
Thu, May 17, 2007 @ 5:13 AM
Wow - love everything about this card! (Even plan B)! Is the "plaid" paper really from SU!? Is it in the Pallette o' prints? I'll have to check when I get home.....how do you make the pocket??? TFS! deb
Registered: December 28, 2006 Location: Posts: 3531
Thu, May 17, 2007 @ 5:39 AM
That's way too much emotion for first thing in the morning... Great card tho :-)
"The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it." ~Charles Swindoll
Registered: January 31, 2007 Location: Kingsville, Ontario Posts: 2374
Thu, May 17, 2007 @ 6:24 AM
First of all..great card! It's so soft and yet rich looking at the same time (could it be the chocolate???)
Second..thanks for making me laugh! Your adventures in cardmaking sound very familiar to me. TFS
"I'm not having a hot flash.....my inner child is playing with matches!"
Fan Club member