I wanted to make a special card for my mom for Mother's Day. She is the best mom in the world, sorry people, but I got her!! ha ha
Thanks Julia, for getting me to reach into my stash of acetate that I've been gleaning off of packaging! I had never used it and I've been saving it for two years! I loved your sample card and how you made a pocket with it, so that is the idea I copied from you. Here's Julia's fab card where I got my idea: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...00&ppuser=9338
The sketch is this weeks' SC122, so that was easy and took all the work out of how to put it all together! Thanks again, Rox and Trudee!
I used Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol to color the main image and the panel behind the lamb.
For the large panel I used glossy cs, stamped the flowers in clear ink, embossed in white ep. I then sponged all the colors on using dye inks only. Then using a second piece of cs on top, lightly ironed it until a layer of embossing melted off onto the top sheet. Peeled them apart, and voila, the flowers showed up white and bright. I know this method as "faux batiq" but I think its called "embossing resist"in the tutorials.
I sanded the narrow blue panel to add texture. I did some sewing on the card, including sewing on the acetate pocket. I knew that sewing machine would come in handy some day! lol As well as the iron! ha ha
Date: Friday, May 4, 2007 GMT Views: 1293
Accessories: vellum hearts and ribbon from Michael's, acetate taken from packaging, paper drill, sponges, glue dots, white ep and heat tool, sand paper rough grade
Techniques: Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol, Embossing resist