This card was made for the ways to use it challenge found here.
OK, so I thought I see if I could emboss on acetate. I used a piece of packaging (very heavy), rubbed it completely with my embossing buddy, stamped with versamark, sprinkled on heat & stick powder -- ack -- stuck everywhere! So I knocked off as much of the extra as I could and heated it, being very careful not to get too close and curl the acetate. Then I sprinkled on the glitter -- again, it stuck everywhere. Brushed off what I could and reheated to set it. Then I used masking tape to remove some of the glitter that didn't belong. If you hold the card a certain way, you can still see the heat & stick that doesn't belong, but I decided to go ahead anyway. I then colored the image with markers and stamped it on dp, then aligned the two images. The flower is made by stamping a larger flower image on the same dp and punching out 3 layers of cornflower from martha stewart, 1 small cuttlebug flower and 2 small flower punches, sponging the edges, layering and adding a gem in the middle.
Date: Thursday, May 3, 2007 GMT Views: 502
Registered: September 7, 2006 Location: Northern Nevada Posts: 31129
Thu, May 03, 2007 @ 5:50 PM
Wow! You had quite a time with this! Funny title!!! It sure turned out nice though. My DD was looking over my shoulder and commented, "That's a nice one; I like those ribbons!" You managed to please a very picky 15 yr old!!!!!