I love this!!! Another great idea for this set.
Do you happen to have directions for this? I would love to give it a whirl.
Registered: July 11, 2004 Location: wishing I was some place warm Posts: 20082
Fri, Nov 19, 2004 @ 1:33 PM
Here is the direction sheet I wrote up for a cool cards class I held. We did this card with the Daisy set and the bee moving across the page (very cute). If you would like me to send you the word document via email please let me know and I can do that.
Side Pull Card
1- invitation size card (8 ½ x 11 cut in half makes two cards) your choice of color
1- 5 ¼ x 4 piece of white or vanilla cardstock
1- 12 inch piece of ribbon
Stamp set/ ink colors of your choice, ribbon, scraps of white/vanilla cardstock, foam mounting tape, double stick tape and glue dots.
Sample used Definitely Decorative Daisy stamp set, Lavender Lace cardstock/ink, White cardstock, Sage Shadow, Basic Black ink, White Grosgrain Ribbon.
1. Stamp white/vanilla piece as desired.
2. Stamp image that you want to move across the page onto scrap piece and cut out.
3. Insert white piece into paper cutter placing it where you want the image to move across the paper. Place cutting blade ½ inch from the edge of cardstock cut cardstock to ½ inch of the other end. Lift up blade and move cardstock ¼ inch in either direction and repeat cutting as before.
4. Cut a ¼ x 2 strip of paper from the scraps. Turn large white piece over and insert small strip through the slot you cut. Move strip to center of card.
5. Center ribbon over slot. Fold one end of the cardstock strip over ribbon so edges meet and attach with glue dot. Repeat with other side and trim off excess paper.
6. Place double stick tape ½ - ¾ inch from both sides of the slit. Place double stick tape to edges of cardstock. Attach this piece to the colored card front. Make sure ribbon stays in line with the slot.
7. Cut a small piece of foam mounting tape and attach to white strip over slit. Peel backing off foam tape and attach cut out image. Now you can pull the string and your image will move across the card.
------------------------------ Married to my dashing husband, Steve, who is pursuing a degree in pharmacy.
Homeschooling mom to 6 amazing children (ages 4-27).
Grammie to 6 wonderful grandchildren.