Thanks Roxie for another great sketch challenge, and Beate for todays tutorial (see links on the Home page).
This is the first of the Wednesday tutorials that I have been able to do, I think, and it produces a stunning result.
I started with a scrap of neutral cs the size of my stamp. Since it was for the flower, I used Garden green for the bottom half of the piece, and saffron for the top (both craft ink). Oops, I thought -that green is too dark. In the final revealing, I think it worked. When dry, Beate said to use a brayer to cover the whole piece in a darker dye ink. I used a sponge and eggplant reinker - going over the whole thing until it was well covered. Then the revealing, with a stamp inked up in bleach. Confession time - I noticed a few tiny marks beside the flower - bleach must have spattered. So I made a few more dots to match.
Thanks for looking. I especially enjoyed making this one.
Date: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 GMT Views: 4210