This is a picture of a pattern I have for the notepad cover I made with the In Full Bloom set. (You can see the opened version of my cover in my gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...mp;ppuser=2281) The original pattern was by Sharon Sorenson and I got it off the gingerwood Enterprises website back in 2000, but I could not find that website today, so here is the picture and here are the directions:
1 - 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cover cardstock
1 - 5 x 8 Jr. Legal pad
scoring tool of some sort
heavy duty glue or sticky strip
With the cardstock laying so that the 11" dimension is going from left to right,
1. Cut off 1/8 " from the left side (A line) Your cardstock will then measure 10 7/8 x 8 1/2.
2. Score 1/2" from bottom of long side(B line).
3. Score 3/4" from right side (C line)
4. Score 1/4" from C line (D line)
5. Score 5 1/8" from D score line (E line)
6. Cut out shaded area below line B.
7. Fold up tab on the left hand side below line B.
8. Fold on score line E.
9. Cut pocket flap which is the shaded area in the upper left hand corner. (Note from Janice...I free handed this and then when I liked the shape, I traced my cut onto my pattern so in the future I have a template)
10. Glue B tab to the inside of pocket bottom with heavy duty glue or sticky strip.
11. Fold on C and D score lines.
12. Use havy duty glue or double stick tape on area to the right of line C and attach to back of notebook.
13. Decorate front of cover and inside pocket area.
Options using more cardstock:
1. Cut a piece of 5" x 1 1/8" and score 1/4" along one 5"side. Fold on score line and glue onto top of binding on notebook.
2. Cut 5" x 8" cardstock and glue onto back of notebook.
Date: Tuesday, December 26, 2006 GMT Views: 11331