SS: The Snowflake Spot
CS: Bashful Blue & Whisper White
Inks: Craft Bashful Blue, Craft White
Accessories: Hologram Highlights EP, Swarovski crystals, Krylon Triple Thick Spray, silver cord, Mounting
tape, 1/8” circle hand punch, Aleene’s Tacky Glue, Heat Gun, Scissors
1. Stamp snowflake images on following cs:
• Large snowflake: on Bashful Blue cs using white craft Pad.
• Medium snowflake: on white cs using Bashful Blue craft pad.
• Small snowflake: on Bashful Blue cs using white craft pad. Make 2 of these.
2. After stamping each snowflake use Hologram Highlights EP and set with heat gun. Be careful not to
over heat because it will lose its 3D effect.
3. Cut out the snowflakes but do not detail the cut, leave cs around the stamped area.
4. On the large snowflake glue image to Bashful Blue cs (use a thin layer of glue, do not let it swoosh out the sides of the piece). Layer twice with cs. Let dry flat. You do not have to let it dry fully before cutting out the snowflake in detail (you will be cutting through 3 thicknesses.
5. All the other snowflakes only need one layer of cs (follow directions 3 to 4 only layering once).
6. Using mounting tape, place it between the layers of the snowflakes.
7. Punch a hole in the top and bottom of the large snowflake and one hole punched in the top of one of the small snowflake (this is the one that will hang down from the large snowflake.
8. Using the piece from #7, put silver cord through the hole in this piece and the bottom hole in the large snowflake and tie off, so the small snow flake will dangle.
9. Once the snowflake is together then you will need to spray with the Triple Thick spray. I did three layers on this ornament. Let dry at least ½ hour between sprays. Do this in a well ventilated area.
10. When I did the last spraying I immediate put on the crystals so it would dry and the crystals would adhere to the surface. You have to be careful because the spray will show a fingerprint everywhere you touch it. Or you can simply use small glue dots or crystal effects. You can also spray the back of your project.
11. Then let it dry completely before handling. Normally overnight.
12. Put on the hanger using silver cord and a slip knot. You can also put the hanger on before spraying it.
NOTE: This is the way to make pins and give it that porcelain finish. You can take this project and add a pin back to it and it will become a pin to wear. Hope you enjoy it.