I thought the fossilized stone technique sounded really interesting and finally got around to trying it. The only thing was, I only have pigment inks and markers. So I tried markers first, which did not provide much of a surface coverage. Added some pigment ink, which didn't bubble the way the example shows. Plus, pigment ink takes for-frickin'-ever to dry, so I added a layer of vellum on top. I sponged the images and the fossilized stone part with a teal-ish green. I pulled out my Laurentian pencil crayons for the image. Love some of those colours. Because the green paper I had picked out didn't quite go with my theme, I sponged that too. A little deviation from the sketch challenge was the angles, I needed to make the images look right to me. Finally the centre snowflake is popped up.
Date: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 GMT Views: 522