This is for CC89 to use Olive, Cranberry and Bashful Blue. I stamped my snowman, masked him and stamped all my trees. I used a dry watercolor brush to fill in tree trunks and limbs with creamy caramel reinker and then sponged and brushed on Old Olive to fill in the trees. I painted the snowman and then padded the wreath. I messed up the wreath so I stamed another one, painted it, cut it out and popped it up. After I fixed the wreath I saw that I messed up the snowman head and had somehow brushed the pumpkin nose reinker over the face and hat. I cut another head and hat, painted it and popped it up. The scarf then looked so strange being flat down under the popped up head so I pulled out the gingham ribbon and made a scarf to cover up that mess up. As you can see, this was not my easiest snow scene but I always think that mistakes make thing happen that may be cuter than the original intent. I just try to roll with it instead of fretting over it. I applied liquid applique' with an old dried up brush (never use LA with a brush you care about as it will become stiff as a board and will never paint again-just keep it for LA applications) to smear it around and then patted it up and down to create a more natural looking snow.
Date: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 GMT Views: 2425
Registered: September 10, 2004 Location: Hudson Valley, NY Posts: 6929
Tue, Nov 21, 2006 @ 7:10 PM
Kittie, that's what's called serendipity! This is SO cute! The snowman's scarf looks better with the dimensional ribbon anyway! And nobody would ever know he had a pumpkin smeared head underneath that gorgeous exterior! We'll just say he had a facelift! Love it! TFS!