This card is for today'scolor challenge - vintage violet, sage shadow, and creamy caramel. I'm not a huge sage shadow fan, so I justused it minimally on this card, and I quite like how it looks with the other colors. Thanks to Amy R - I used her ribbon dying technique to getsome vv grosgrain!
Here's what I learned doing this card:
1. Amy R.'s ribbon dying tutorial is awesome. It's really easy!
2. It's veryhard to get the shade of violet dark enough using this method.
3. Stampin' Up plastic boxes are not microwave safe,and melt in under 30 seconds.
4. Heat setting the ribbon in the microwave to achieve a darker color does not work.
5. Running your damp dyed ribbon through the ink pad gives you the perfect shade of vintage violet. Just moosh the ribbon with your fingers to blend the color evenly. Messy,but it works.
6. I love all my new stamps!!!
Date: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 GMT Views: 1862