Sorry for the poor quality photo, I am technologically challenged taking photos then getting said pictures off my iphone. Plus scrapping the tradition away on a digital challenge I don't always get that crisp clear shot!
Here is Task #1 for you...
1. You may use any background paper or color you like
2. Add a black layer (that you will place your photo(s) on). The black layer should cover about one quarter or one third of your page. It may extend off only one side of the page.
3. Add as many photos as you like on the black area. They can be slightly extending over the edge, or all on the black layer.
4. Add at least one or two layers behind your photo(s).
5. Add an edge to one or more of the sides of your black piece.