Fun challenge today! I think the dies I chose to use made it a little more involved, but I like the look.
Funny thing happened on my way to completing the challenge...my heat gun threw a rod or something. Sparks flew out the back end & it quit! Well, maybe because I jerked the plug outta the wall, but what else could I do? So DH sees the heat gun carcass laying there like a dead dinosaur and says "Hmmm... I guess you'll quit making cards now." Ha. Funny man. He should know by now that I have back ups for my back ups! I just whipped out my second stringer, plugged her in and away we went. Men are so silly some times.
I started by using a glue stick & attaching some heavy duty aluminum foil to a piece of white card stock. Then I die cut the asters, vase, and viney leaf. I added color to the foil topped c/s w/ Copics then applied the Versmark, clear ep & heated. I repeated the powder & heating 3 times to build up a little clear topping.
I stamped the greeting and die cut w/ the stitched border. Added a chocolate layer then did the largest stitch border on my card front.
Thanks so much for looking! It's up on my blog w/ closeups & colors of Copics The Write Stuff
Date: Monday, June 23, 2014 GMT Views: 1064
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Registered: July 27, 2007 Location: Dublin, Ireland Posts: 68042
Tue, Jun 24, 2014 @ 7:19 AM
That is so weird that both you and bensarmom had heat-gun issues. Yikes - I hope it wasn't anything to do with the technique, but I did all my samples for the photo tutorial in one session without any problems. Your colours are just wonderful, and those asters are definitely high up on my wish list. The vase has an amazing oriental look to it, and must be wonderful in real life.