This challenge was a CHALLENGE for me, whew! I didn't have the foil cake pans, so I used heavy duty tin foil. By itself the foil was too flimsy, so I first tried adhering it to some whisper white CS... but that was too thick for the embosslit. So I tried again using some regular copy paper, and that worked better. Then, I didn't have alcohol inks - so I colored the butterflies with Sharpies. I did several layers of clear EP over that and let them dry. This took several tries, but it was good for me to work through it. I was going to add a bow to the ribbon, but once I placed the butterflies there I thought a bow might just get in the way. So there it is! :)
Date: Monday, June 23, 2014 GMT Views: 1025
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Registered: July 27, 2007 Location: Dublin, Ireland Posts: 79086
Mon, Jun 23, 2014 @ 10:57 AM
Those butterflies look fantastic with the layers of ep giving them a great enamelled finish. How smart of you to use the Embosslits, too. I love the way the big one turned out, and the little yellow one. I think you were right to leave the bow off - the flight of butterflies on their own are just perfect.