Since I had a question about how I did this, I thought I would give y'all the details:
Let me first give credit for the inspiration to the amazing Julie Gearinger - if you check out the gallery for the MIX26 challenge, she has four fabulous cards that led me to try my own version (since I didn't want to mess with my Gelli plate :).)
I started with water color paper that I heavily brayered with Tarnished Brash Distress paint and let dry completely. Then I daubed Distress Paint on the inside front of the folder and misted with lots of water to really get the paint moving. Lay the painted side of the paper onto the folder and just poke around with your fingers. You have to use the front of the folder so the writing/numbers aren't backwards. After it dried I put it back in the ef (line it up as best you can) and ran it through the Big Shot. If you want you can add a little more metallic color to the raised areas using a sponge dauber and metallic ink.
I did this three times before I got one I really liked, so don't give up!
There's a tutorial on this here, in case you haven't seen it: