I had stamped this (just came in the post this week) knowing I could use it as more daisies for Linda's WTUI challenge to use our birth-month flower.
I've worked it in with both today's challenges - the F4A to Ruffle and Rumple it, and the MixAbility challenge to Take It Away.
I would quite have liked to revisit my sanded crayon resist from Lydia's challenge a couple of weeks back, which would work perfectly for this. But I was also intrigued by some of the possible techniques Janelle shared, and wanted to try at least one of them.
So - I tried the second one: painting with a clear colour (I used inks), painting over with opaque (I used acrylic), and then wiping some of the opaque away (I used a babywipe, it worked OK. I need to source rubbing alcohol, I keep forgetting to ask in the pharmacy.)
Base is kraft brushed with gesso.
I coloured my mice with distress inks and distressed the edges. I added some seam binding which I coloured and crumpled, with a clear floral button stitched on with twine. I added a birthday sentiment to have another card ready for BRAK next month.
Date: Friday, May 9, 2014 GMT Views: 1123
Registered: October 26, 2009 Location: Oakhurst, near Yosemite Nat'l Park. Posts: 35998
Fri, May 09, 2014 @ 7:24 PM
So cute Sabrina!! I love those little mice. They are colored so nicely! I also like your background. I didn't get what she said but I think, looking at yours, I kind of understand now.
Very pretty/cute card!
------------------------------ Blessings, Robin My Blog-InkMagination
Prov. 18:21 Speak life!
QFTD201; F4A Hostess
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Heartfelt Creations DT; ODBD Design Team;
DRS Design Team;Designing for Blue Knight Rubber Stamps