Since I don't have the exact colors, each week I try to match the challenge colors as best I can. I went through some really old dp. The dp had lavender flowers with blue centers and blue accent flowers. I decided to paint the blue flowers. Now I didn't have pink paint so I took pink markers and scribbled onto a plastic lid. Then I added a drop of white paint and mixed it with the markers until the paint was "close enough" in color. I painted the berries on the dp too. After the paint dried I outlined the dp with a black ink pen. I added white paint to the centers of the flowers. I added gold ep to the dp. It really doesn't look a thing like it did when I started. The two pink vertical tiles were painted dp as well. The top panel I took the white paint and applied it with plastic wrap. When the paint dried I added gold ep. The bottom panel I added paint with bubble wrap. I took drywall tape and put that over the panel and wiped the top of it with versamark and then added gold dp. I embossed the black panel with script embossing folder and went over the top with gold ep. The bottom panel I embossed with swirls embossing folder and I added copper inka gold. I think the copper looks really pretty with the gold. With all the gold I thought that a twine bow would add a nice contrast. I really like how my card turned out. I started with the MOJO343 sketch. It got tweaked a little like most of my cards do.
Date: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 GMT Views: 415
Registered: June 29, 2004 Location: Sugar Land. Texas Posts: 53131
Tue, Apr 29, 2014 @ 6:49 PM
I'm with you on doing these color challenges. I have vowed to use up all the cardstock I have in my stamping room before being sucked into buying all those "new" colors SU is always tempting us with. LOL I try to come close too. I love your pretty card, and layout.