I am having trouble with the ink greeting on the vellum oval, even though I tried drying it with the heat gun...any one with suggestions?
Dry embossed the vellum with lattice embossing folder and added pearls to the intersections. Pearls also around the scallop oval, and on the die cut butterfly.
Combining challenges: CAS to use neutrals, and TL to emboss vellum.
Date: Monday, March 3, 2014 GMT Views: 2450
Registered: May 23, 2003 Location: Ontario, Oregon Posts: 7297
Mon, Mar 03, 2014 @ 7:45 PM
Another stunning card - love the delicate butterfly and the lovely diamond pattern embossed vellum panel. Everything about this card is amazing. TFS.
As for the ink on vellum, the only solution I've found is to use clear detail embossing powder to seal the ink. I use Versafine ink, too, and this technique of heat sealing with clear powder has worked every time for me.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Registered: July 27, 2007 Location: Dublin, Ireland Posts: 68322
Mon, Mar 03, 2014 @ 11:42 PM
Oh my goodness, what a wonderful choice of ef for embossing on vellum - the trellis looks fantastic. This is a really lovely sympathy card.
I tend to use StazOn for sentiments on vellum, or emboss to help dry. Brilliance dries in the end too, but takes time. I suppose that means that really I use the same inks that I choose for acetate!