When I saw today's Ways to Use It Challenge was to use red, I thought of the leftover red I'd made with the Air Smash technique using reinkers on Monday. I used the same technique to make some green as well-I only had one true alcohol ink so I dripped some rubbing alcohol onto my glossy paper and then dripped the water based reinkers onto the pooled alcohol then blew with the straw (these colors actually spread better than the true alcohol inks which dried much more quickly) before smashing the paper together. I stamped with Stazon black onto both the red and green papers I prepared. I ended up embossing over this with black ep on the flowers as I hadn't stamped as darkly as I preferred; this only partially embossed but it helped! I fussy cut the green flowers and stems then cut the red flowers and buds and laid those over the top. I used a Cherry marker to add some more red to the flowers and then used a qtip dipped in alcohol to spread the color around a bit more. I had tinted some Gesso the other day and had smeared the leftover part onto this piece of a dictionary page. I added some fingerpainted white Gesso clouds onto that as well. I tore this piece and then sponged Indigo along the edges. The rest of the elements were already lying around-a woodgrain embossed slate piece which I distressed along the edges. To the already die cut leaves I simply sponged Gumball Green through a dry wall mesh for added texture. The bg piece is a piece of scrap white card stock that I use on my desk surface to catch all the random spatter, stamping off, sponging etc. I did intentionally add some Rose Red and Cherry sponged through dry wall mesh. I inked my sentiment in Versamark then Cherry Cobbler and embossed in clear. I added a few black enamel dots in the two corners.
Date: Thursday, February 13, 2014 GMT Views: 1347